|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Created specifically for those in Ontario workplaces who have already had some training on the basic concepts of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), this e-course allows you to quickly refresh your WHMIS understanding. You will review WHMIS basics and Ontario legislation, hazard classes, labels and material safety data sheets (MSDSs), and learn key tips for working safely with hazardous materials, using quizzes and practical summaries. Many printable fact sheets and other resources are included.
Note that this course does not cover certain special issues and requirements that may apply to laboratories or workplaces where chemicals are produced, formulated, or packaged.
Developed by CCOHS in collaboration with WSPS, this course features case studies, review quizzes, "Ask a Question", and access to resources from CCOHS and WSPS. Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Basics of WHMIS
- WHMIS legislation and enforcement (including responsibilities)
- Hazard classes and their symbols
- WHMIS labels
- Education and training
- Key tips for working safely with controlled products
Upon completion of this course you will be able to:
- List the duties and responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers
- Recognize the WHMIS symbols and know their meanings
- Understand the types of information on WHMIS labels and MSDSs
- Take basic measures to protect yourself and others when working with hazardous materials
- Know where to get additional information on WHMIS requirements
Average time to complete this course is about 60 minutes.
- Workers, supervisors, and managers in workplaces where controlled products are used
- Human resources and safety professionals with responsibilities for training and compliance
- Anyone who works with, or near, controlled products
This is a refresher course. Prior to taking this course, participants should have completed a WHMIS classroom course or an e-course such as WHMIS for Workers in Ontario, or WHMIS for Managers and Supervisors in Ontario.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
Registration for this course is provided online, or by contacting Client Services or calling 1-800-668-4284.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
CCOHS and the Workplace Safety & Prevention Services (WSPS) have partnered to develop online e-courses specific to Ontario workplaces. WSPS offers other training, products and related services. For more information, visit http://www.healthandsafetyontario.ca/WSPS/cp2/eLearning.aspx.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.