|License Options:||Single Seat (90 days access)
Multi-seat (1 year access)
Created specifically for those who have already had some training on the basic concepts of the Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS), this e-course allows you to quickly refresh your WHMIS understanding. You will review WHMIS labels and material safety data sheets, and learn key tips for working safely with hazardous materials, using quizzes and practical summaries. Many printable fact sheets and other resources are included.
Note that this course does not cover certain special issues and requirements that may apply to laboratories or in workplaces where chemicals are produced, formulated, or packaged.
The course features case studies, review quizzes, and "Ask a Question". Those who score at least 80% on the final exam will be able to print a certificate of completion.
- Purpose and benefits of WHMIS
- WHMIS legislation and enforcement
- Rights and responsibilities
- Hazard classes and symbols
- WHMIS labels
- Material Safety Data Sheets
- WHMIS education requirements
- Key tips for working safely with controlled products
Upon completion of this course you will know how to:
- List the duties and responsibilities of suppliers, employers, and workers
- Recognize the WHMIS symbols and know their meanings
- Understand the types of information on WHMIS labels and material safety data sheets (MSDS)
- Distinguish between general WHMIS education and site-specific training, and know when each is required
- Take basic measures to protect yourself and others when working with hazardous materials
- Know where to get additional information on WHMIS labels and MSDSs
Average time to complete this course is about 60 minutes.
- Workers, supervisors, and managers in workplaces where controlled products are used
- Human resources and safety professionals with responsibilities for training and compliance
- Anyone who works with, or near, hazardous materials
This is a refresher course. Prior to taking this course, participants should have completed a WHMIS classroom course or an e-course such as WHMIS for Workers, or WHMIS for Managers and Supervisors.
This course is delivered as an on-line e-learning course. All you need is a computer, access to the Internet - and you are ready to go! This e-learning course is designed to help you learn at your own pace and in your own environment at your own convenience.
CCOHS courses are unique in that they are developed by subject specialists in the field, and reviewed by representatives from labour, employers and government to ensure the content and approach are unbiased and credible.
We partnered with Vubiz - an international leader in e-learning development - to create this e-course.
Vubiz offers other related e-learning courses that may also be of interest to you. Read about them in the Vubiz Catalogue of e-learning courses.