Produced through cooperation between the International Programme on Chemical Safety (IPCS) at the World Health Organization and the Canadian Centre for Occupational Health and Safety (CCOHS), the IPCS INTOX System is the product of the global collaboration of more than 100 experts from some 85 developing and developed countries.
CCOHS is Canada’s national centre for occupational health and safety.
The IPCS INTOX System enables poison centres to record, retrieve and manipulate information about cases of poisoing, substances and products. Inquiries to the centre can be documented systematically in an internationally comparable format.
The IPCS INTOX System lays the foundation for studies on human and/or animal toxic exposures through internationally harmonized data collection and evaluation.
The IPCS INTOX System includes:
- Fully customizable data entry interface and data entry fields allow you to collect the data you need
- Many standard and user customizable data entry fields from which to choose
- Rapid data entry using any one of the available languages, in a harmonized fashion, using standard, well-defined phrases
- No codes to memorize
The IPCS INTOX System can help you:
- Collect information on human and/or animal poisonings in regional and national settings.
- Analyze trends for the purposes of toxicovigilance
- Reduce data entry errors
- Respond to questions from the media or government quickly, without having to spend hours sifting through data
- Generate one of the many reports included in the system or build reports containing the data you need, quickly and easily
- Compare data collected by centres using the IPCS INTOX System, even if the data was collected in a different language.
The IPCS INTOX System is an ideal tool for:
- Poison centres and related units
- Clinical toxicology and emergency treatment centres
- Epidemiological surveillance units
- Extensive online help system
- Access to help from a community of experienced INTOX Users
- Coaching from CCOHS experts via web meeting, when needed
Your annual subscription to the IPCS INTOX System includes:
- FREE technical support
- Updates to the software as they occur during the year
What our clients are saying...
Thanks to IPCS INTOX, we can now do things that were not possible without a large amount of work. We can create reports for a day, month or year – any time period we want, with ease. We can ask the System very specific questions, allowing us to respond quickly in emergency situations. It has also helped us extract information used in writing papers for presentation at international conferences and meetings.
Dr. Juan Carlos Rios
Poison Control Center
Faculty of Medicine
Pontificia Universidad Catolica de Chile
Need more info
Need help? Have questions? Contact email@example.com, and we will set up a web meeting at your convenience.